Monday, October 28, 2019

How Are You Going To Mount Your Base Ham Antenna Or CB Base Antenna ?


 Many of us Ham Radio Operators and CB Radio Operators face the dilemma of where and how are we going to mount are antennas. Well I am going through the same issue and am going over my property to decide how I am going to do this. I do not have a big backyard, the one side yard has high power lines and the other side has the driveway. I have thought about a antenna tower up the side of the house, but it's just not in the budget.
 At this time I had a multiband dipole going from a push up steel mast, with the apex at the chimney on a 10 foot tall mast and then down to a tree in the front yard. This puts the apex up about 35 feet and it does a nice job. On that same mast I have a imax 2000 cb antenna, which I use for 17 meters and I listen to 20 meters and sometimes 40 meters. It also functions as my 11 meter cb antenna.
 I would like to put up another ham antenna, but just am not sure what to do. I have a place to put a hustler 6btv, but no room for lots of ground radials. I have been thinking about other way for ground radials. The other idea I have been thinking about is making a delta loop antenna with a mast, wire, 4 to 1 balun and two 16 foot crappie  fiberglass fishing poles. I also have a mfj rotatable 14 foot dipole that I could put up on the chimney.

I decided in the meantime to create a website for various ways of mounting antennas, so click my link now  https://hamradio123.wixsite.com/antenna-tower

No comments:

Post a Comment