|ICOM IC-7200 Transceiver|
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Setting up your first Ham Shack may seem a little scary at first, but it does not have to be. I would start out with the basics when deciding on a Ham Shack for all your Ham Radio Equipment . There are some Ham Radio Operators that may have a separate building or maybe a room out in their garage. I would just make sure it's heated for the cold weather and cool in the hot time of the year. Other considerations for locating your Ham Shack is a fairly quite place in your house. In my house that isn't an easy task. Right now it is next to the family room and at times it can be somewhat noisy. I have moved it to quite a few different locations in the house and now I am right back where I started.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
http://www.hamradio.com/ . I am sure that almost all Ham Radio Operators are already aware of Ham Radio Outlet. My advise is to have a free catalog sent in the mail. I myself always get the catalog sent to me in the mail. I also use their website when I am looking for something or looking for information. I have purchased various items from Ham Radio Outlet and never had any problems with cost or the merchandise. I have read some reviews where someone had a problem, but that is to be expected from time to time. It's the wonderful world of electronics.
Ham Radio Outlet is not the only Ham Radio Dealers I buy Ham Radio Equipment from. Here is a list below of my favorite places to buy ham radio equipment from. I have included their links.
- Ham Radio Outlet http://www.hamradio.com/
- Universal Radio http://www.universal-radio.com/
- DX Engineering http://www.dxengineering.com/
- AES Electronics http://www.aesham.com/
- MFJ http://www.mfjenterprises.com/
- R&L Electronics http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/
- Ham City http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/
- Giga Parts http://www.gigaparts.com/Radio-About-Us/
- Texas Towers http://www.texastowers.com/
- LDG Electronics http://www.ldgelectronics.com/
My advise is also to check out Eham.net at http://www.eham.net/reviews/ for all kinds of information and reviews. They are an excellent source of information and help.
Thank You For Reading From Dan KC2TYI 73s.