Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What homebrew antenna should I build ?

  I have been trying to decide on what antenna to build. The moxon antenna would fit my area if I keep it for 17 meters or 6 meters. From the different things I have read they do a pretty good job. On the other hand I like the idea of a cubical quad antenna for those same bands. The quad antenna is supposed to somewhat like a three element yagi. The moxon antenna is supposed to be essentially a two element wire beam antenna.
  I have pretty much decided to build a 17 meter moxon with some crappie fiberglass fishing poles. Now for the cubical quad antenna, I am thinking about trying to make it a multiband antenna. It would cover the 6 meter band and the 2 meter band. Both of these designs seem to fit the present location.
  I will have to move my 11 meter imax 2000 vertical to a different area, so I can work with these in that area. It will be a mast wall mounted to my shed. The cubical quad will be made of some grey conduit pvc pipe and some five foot driveway markers. I have found that it takes alot of planning to accomplish this task, but I feel it will be well worth it.
  I will try to get some pics of these when I get them built. If anyone out there has any other ideas please leave a comment. Any and all advise is welcomed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment