Friday, August 22, 2014

Let People Know You Are A Ham Radio Operator

  Once in awhile I will be driving down the road and I see a license plate saying something about Ham Radio. It may have the persons call sign on the plastic frame that holds the license plate. I also see the license plate with the call letters on it. Most people may not pay attention to what the letters mean. Maybe if the plastic license plate holder said something then people would know that is what the letters are your call sign letters. I just feel it would be another way to share the hobby and let other Ham Radio Operators know who you are out there on the open road. So get yourself a Ham radio License Plate holder today and show your call sign. If you are looking for a nice gift idea for a birthday or holiday I would look at some of the beautiful Ham Radio Plaques . I made my own Ham Radio Plaque and it is in one of my posts, so you can see how I designed it.
  Another way of letting people know that you are an Amateur Radio Operator is by wearing the ever popular baseball cap. I don't think there is any place that I have gone where someone is wearing a baseball cap. A baseball cap with your call sign or just some saying about Ham Radio would make a nice gift. I know over the years my kids have given me various baseball hats. They range from worlds greatest Dad, lucky Dad or even Off Duty Dad. Then I have my favorite DX Engineering baseball cap. On our recent trip to the Buffalo Zoo and Niagara Falls I could not count the number of people with baseball caps on. There are lots of other types of Ham Radio Clothing ideas to choose from to show that you are proud of being a Ham Radio Operator.


  The next item I see all the time are stickers on the window of a SUV or someones car. If it is your parents vehicle they may not want you putting stickers on the windows. I have seen some signs being held in place by suction cups. If a window isn't possible then see if it can go on the bumper. Bumper stickers have been popular for years. I used to use a Kiss Delta Sonic sticker to cover up a small dent in the bumper on one of my old cars.
  The other popular item I see is the ever popular coffee cup. Of course you don't have to drink coffee to have a coffee cup or mug. I have seen some with callsign  letters or just a little Ham Radio saying. If you don't want a coffee mug then get a T-Shirt with your callsign or something said about Ham radio. Maybe you are in a club or working with emergency situations. If I remember the last time I went to the HamFest here in Rochester New York there were plenty of Ham Radio Operators with T-Shirts with call signs or even the Baseball cap with a callsign or club name on them. Once again any of these items would make a wonderful gift. There are plenty of Ham Radio Gift ideas out there on the internet for everyone especially if you are a Ham radio Operator. Christmas is just around the corner so start planning for gift giving as soon as possible.
  If you look around I would check out ebay or amazon for any Ham Radio gift idea. There are plenty of dealers on the internet that have various types of gifts. Just be sure to check out any seller or reseller for good or bad reviews. Once again I am sure there are plenty of other places to purchase gift ideas for that Ham Radio Operator.
  Thank You for reading from Dan KC2YTI   73s.

No comments:

Post a Comment