Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ham Radio Study Material and Other Books On Ham Radio

  Now may be the time to get your next study manual for your next ham radio license. Maybe you have decided to go for your first Technician License. Either way there are plenty of good study manuals available. Yes there are plenty of free websites that offer free study material. I have done that myself and it was very helpful. I did have some old Ham Radio Study Manuals from radio shack quite a few years ago when I started thinking about going for my first Ham Radio License. My favorite choice now is to purchase the Gordon West Study Manual for the Ham Radio Extra License.



  Yes at this point I have my General Ham Radio License and I am starting to study for the Extra Ham Radio License. I am going to get it through Amazon, so I can study through the winter months and then take it during the summer. That is what I did to get my General Ham License and it worked out very well. So maybe you should put one of them or more than one on your Christmas list. The nice thing with these study manuals is that you can purchase it with the audio cd, manual and practice tests. Of course there are other study manuals that are very good as well. The arrl study manuals are a good example.
  There are also plenty of other books on various subjects that have to do with Ham Radio. You may find plenty of books on antenna building. You may be interested in building a moxon antenna, dipole wire antenna or maybe a yagi antenna. There are also books on other subjects that are related to radio, such as shortwave radio or Electronics and Electronic Test Equipment. You may also be interested in one of the ARRL Ham Radio Manuals that have an unbelievable amount of information. My advise is to go through amazon and ebay. There are also plenty of Ham Radio Dealers on the internet that carry books on ham radio as well. Universal radio and MFJ are sources for good reading material on hame radio.
  Well that's all for now so Thank You for reading and Merry Christmas from Dan KC2YTI 73s !!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment