Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ham Radio Project Books


6 Meter Cubical Quad Project ( not mine)

  There are plenty of books on Ham Radio Projects. We all like to keep busy and learn new things when it comes to Ham Radio. Granted some of us may have a better understanding of Electronics than other Ham Radio Operators do, but that does not mean that they can not learn something new. I remember when I was younger I thought I could not go to college because I was in the basic classes. I did not think I was smart enough. Well once I got interested in CB Radio and Electronics I found that I was capable of much more. I decided to peruse any kind of education I could. I bought books on Ham Radio Projects and other subjects as well. I decided that I was going to go to college and I did. I went and earned my AAS in Electrical Engineering and worked as an Electronic Technician for over 11 years. I have been working as a Computer Technician since 1996. My older brother felt the same

way and after I talked with him I told him if I could do it so could he. He went to college and earned a AAS Degree in Civil Engineering. My point is you need to realize that if you want something you have to keep at it. I believe that anyone can do anything. If you fail get right back up and go for more. Believe me I have had a few failures with school and jobs, but I never stopped. I fought the good fight and I keep fighting.
  Okay back to the subject at hand. Oh yes Ham Radio Projects. There plenty of ways to get ideas on what to build. One way is to go on the internet and search for Ham Radio projects. I myself have done that and it gave me plenty of ideas for projects and then I would just expand on them. Now there are also plenty of videos on youtube for example where someone is homebrewing a Ham Radio Antenna. I saw what they did and then incorporated it into my own design. A couple examples are my 6 meter quad antenna project that I hope to finish this summer. My other project is a scanner antenna that I am working on and I hope to get that up this summer as well. My electronic projects are just some things I am working on in my ham shack.

                                              
                                           Vertical antenna 60m to 6m with remote ATUby dx2hunt

  Now the other way to get ideas for Ham Radio Projects is through various books. I remember buying my ARRL Manuals back in college for various classes in Electronic Communication. They are full of help and excellent projects. My oldest book is one I bought at a local bookstore when I was 16 or 18 years old . It is called The Master Handbook Of Ham Radio Circuits. It's funny, because I was not thinking about Ham Radio at that time. One of the best places online to buy Project Books for Ham Radio is through Amazon.com. If you are interested here is a link to Project Books For Ham Radio at Amazon. The other place to buy some excellent Ham Radio Project Books is through Ebay, so just click on the link. So get out there and start working on your Ham Radio Project especially since the weather is changing and summer is on its way. If you are interested in looking for other books on Ham Radio, Electronics or whatever subject check out my blog at this link http://bloggersbooktime.blogspot.com/
  Thank You fro reading from Dan KC2YTI  73s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment