Saturday, September 5, 2015

Collecting Old Ham Radio Transceivers


Shortwave Radio
 Do you like those older Ham Radio Transceivers ? Well if you do then I would suggest that you start scanning through the HAM RADIOS FOR SALE ON EBAY. The only thing I would suggest is check out the reviews on the seller. That way you can determine if the seller has a good or bad track record. I have heard of some horror stories where someone lost a lot of money and ended up with a piece of junk. Always remember to protect yourself as you are the buyer. I will say that there are some good deals out there and if you are collecting ham radios it's the place to be.
 Now there are some other places where you may find some deals on Ham Radios and Ham Radio Equipment. One of them is to check your local ads in the newspaper for estate sales. You never know who is or was a ham radio operator. Yes you can check craigs list, but be careful I have heard of some bad deals through there as well. I remember a long time ago when I was looking for a used car I used to check out what was called the swap sheet. I know it still exists here in Rochester new York and there may be one in your city. The other possible source is looking on the internet where there is a wealth of information. Here is a link for some DRAKE HAM RADIOS.
 The other possible method is just by word of mouth. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a conversation on the Ham Radio where someone is selling some kind of ham radio equipment. I remember once where my wife works at the senior citizens home a women's husband was a ham radio operator and he wanted to give me his old equipment. The problem is that my wife is an employee and she could not accept anything from a person in the senior home. That was just my luck. I did have some friends that said give it to them and they would give it to me. Sorry but that is just not my style and I had to pass on that opportunity. I am sure God found another Ham Radio Operator that would be happy with it.
 Thank You for reading from Dan KC2YTI  73 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment